QNME In Retro!
Seller does not claim to be the original owner -- if not, how could they know if they had or had not been redone? You should ask.
Chris L.
I asked him if the cone has a PN stamped as 21184-4. Did not hear from him back yet.
Secondly, on the front of the woofer's dust cover dome, there should be at least "two dot like" glue where the voice coil wire passes through. This is difficult to see sometimes but once the 416 is re-coned, this will not be visible anymore at all and you will see a perfectly glued dust cover.
Does the latter to identify a reconed 416 make sense?
thanks,
Abe
QNME In Retro!

Blow up the last picture and turn your head sideways
21184 is clearly visible, can't read the last one
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Abe, At first glance they look original. See if he'll post more pix. We want to see both cone #'s , lead in wire's , spiders. This way there's no doubt. And you can have both lead in "dots" showing or not. I feel better if they're not showing. If they are it's 50-50 if they've been reconed.
Hope this helps,
Louder

That's what I did.They look original to me.They are the correct Numbers on the one driver.Nice looking pair I might add.But with any vintage gear could be something wrong.Especially if stored face down.As they say looks are deceiving.I bought a pair that was mint but was stored face down for a very long time.As a result it wrecked the spiders to the point where the coils were no longer in the gap and had to be re-coned at GPA.
Thanks a lot guys!!
Abe
QNME In Retro!
Bookmarks